Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pass the Dilithium

When Scotty offers the strained appeal "She's breaking up Captain!", it usually followed the urgent report "I'm giving her all she's got!"

In Blade Runner, the replicant Roy yearns to discover his pre-programmed termination date, and to see if it can be extended. He eventually corners his creator who tells him "The candle that burns twice as brightly burns half as long. And you Roy, have burned so very, very brightly." After informing him that the date cannot be altered or revealed, Roy crushes his skull in his hand. Nice.

When you're out of the blue, and into the black, the sage Neil Young opines: "It's better to burn out...than to fade away" (or to rust for that matter).

And even Weird Al Yankovic said "I'll have plenty of time to be laid back when I'm six feet underground."

Rust never sleeps, but I go to bed at 10 now. Usually. Hey hey, my, my.