Friday, October 8, 2010

Playing In Traffic



After playing on your side of the road for a while, I'm sorry to report that you may find your cubic foot of dirt to be...well, boring. You notice across the street the grass is much greener. However to get there you'll need to cross a very busy street and you are questionably prepared. Nonetheless you are either being called, shoved, or maybe simply following those before you.

Chances are you will look both left and right before stepping off but it matters little once in the maelstrom. I've had a few close calls. Near head-ons. Loss of control. Being towed from the side of a car at 36...37...38 MPH. What the hell was I thinking to let go at that point??? After more than a few head shots, my sense of direction returns. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it. I have to. I have a funny feeling there will be an old lady on the other side and I want to help her back across if I can.